Quesadillas# 7 Nov 2018
This is one of my favorite no-spoons lunches that is not a peanut butter sandwich - but unlike the sandwich, it uses my Secret Weapon.
The toaster oven.
If you don’t have a toaster oven, this is probably not a stoveless meal for you, and also you should get a toaster oven. People praise pressure cookers and rice cookers and nobody talks about the miracle of the toaster oven. It’s like a real oven, except the toast setting automatically shuts off! How is that not amazing.
The only thing I do not absolutely love about my toaster oven is that the designers for the door were morons and you can’t actually clean the stupid thing properly, but I intend to remedy this when we are in a position to acquire a new toaster oven instead of one I got for free when a family friend was moving to a smaller house.
Toaster ovens!!! I love them.
If you don’t have a toaster oven and can’t manage the stove, you could make it in a microwave I guess….
Time: Five minutes?
Stuff You’ll Need
- Tortillas. I like the fajita size for my toaster oven.
- Shredded cheese. Any kind, really. Maybe not mozzarella.
- Whatever else you want to stick on it, I guess?
- Open the toaster oven and pull out the rack.
- Put one or two tortillas on the rack.
- Put shredded cheese on half of the tortilla.
- Optional: add whatever else you want on top of the cheese. When I’m feeling ambitious, I add some chili and garlic powders.
- Push the rack back in and close the toaster oven.
- Set the toaster oven to Toast and a setting like 2. Low, but not the lowest.
- Wait for it to beep.
- Slide the tortillas onto a plate and fold over the non-cheesy side on top of the cheesy side.
And that’s it! You can cut them into wedges if you feel up to it - and if you’re still hungry afterwards, just do it again.